Job Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Melbourne or Bali
TRAVLR is an exciting travel start up by the founders of The Bali Bible, employing more than 50 people across Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia. Founded by Melbourne husband and wife duo Simon & Lani te Hennepe, the TRAVLR journey began in 2009 as a PDF of their recommendations for things to do in Bali shared with their friends. From there TRAVLR has evolved into a fully fledged digital travel business that is set to transform the way global travellers discover, plan, book, experience and share their travel experiences.
Securing Series A funding in 2017 to scale the concept, technology and the team, we’re now on the lookout for a superstar Graphic Designer to join our small and friendly team in Bali or Melbourne.
You are a passionate Graphic Designer, with a love for travel and curiosity for the world around you. You are able to work quickly and efficiently while still maintaining a high degree of creativity in your work. You have strong communication skills and the know-how to engage, manage and deliver for stakeholders across the business; the ability to articulate your thoughts, ideas and opinions and also the ability to understand clearly others feedback, ideas and opinions. You understand business challenges and how to create unique and boundary-pushing designs to solve these challenges.
You have great project management skills, balancing the need for delivery with creativity. You are able to come up with creative solutions within the boundaries of briefs and deadlines, without sacrificing aesthetics and basic design thinking principles. With at least 2+ years experience in a similar role, you also understand when to push beyond the brief to drive collaboration with brief owners and an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement and development of yourself and your work.
You have confidence and faith in your own ability, yet you are open-minded and comfortable taking feedback from others. You understand design is an ever changing and dynamic field, so you are willing to try new and innovative styles or methods that will be key in getting the brand out there.
You think beyond the singular design to understand how your work fits into the overall organisation and problems we are trying to solve for our users. You are a marketing designer more than an artist and seek to understand how you can consistently go beyond just designing ads.
You should have a relevant qualification in Graphic design, Visual Communication or a related discipline, and be well versed with the Adobe creative suite, Flash, HTML and other relevant software.
You’re resilient, resourceful and understand that Google and those around are your best friend when you’re doing something for the first time.
The successful candidate will;
- Work with all parts of our business to develop, evolve and improve our visual brand across all types of communications, with a primary focus on the digital landscape
- Be comfortable working in a business with a focus on high delivery, while still maintaining quality and attention to detail
- Love a dynamic and and continuously changing environment - as a start up we work within a high degree of ambiguity and are nimble in our approach to changing priorities and needs of the business
- Have impeccable spoken and written English
- Understand how to solve business challenges with advanced visual design solutions
- Be willing to go above and beyond the normal work requirements when the business needs it
- Be an amazing person that adds diversity, energy and market leading skills to our business
- Transform ideas, words and briefs into visual designs which are highly creative, impactful and engaging for our users and customers
- Ownership of design creations for all marketing and visual communications item, mainly corporate branding identity, marketing communication tools, branding and advertisements, sales tools, corporate tools, events management - primarily in the digital channels but with the need to extend offline from time to time
- Responsibility for brand fit - maintain all designs to follow brand guidelines but also have the ‘know-how’ to accommodate necessary adjustments to evolve our brand over time
- Take a customer-centered approach – rapidly test, alter and experiment with your designs. Ability to translate findings and insights from customer behavior into future designs directions.
- Understand the nature of visual design - that different colors, shapes, sizes, typography, icons, textures and images have different impacts for different audiences and tactile purposes - and integrate this into design principles
- Engaged with the latest trends and innovations in digital design
- Engage in collaborative feedback, critique and discussions with other stakeholders from across the business
To apply for this role and join an exciting, successful global online business with a great team, please submit a cover letter, CV and a portfolio of your work to demonstrate your proven ability in these areas.
Must have full working rights in either Bali or Australia.